Thursday, December 16, 2010

Bad Dragon's Sea Dragon



This is another review of a product from Bad Dragon, a site known for their unique fantasy toys. They’ve always provided wonderful customer service, and their ever-expanding line has always been unique, fun and well made. All their toys are made from platinum cured silicone, which means that not only are they non-porous, but they can be sanitized in the top rack of your dishwasher! I have to admit, when I moved into the new apartment and it had a dishwasher… that was my first thought.

This is, by far, one of the best non-vibrating toys that I've had the pleasure of owning. I picked it up at Califur 2010, a furry convention in Southern California that if you're in the area, I recommend you visit! The Sea Dragon that I own is the small model, and believe me—it’s still a lot of toy. The knot has a circumference of 6 inches, with the circumference of the shaft being 5 inches. It's 8 inches of very usable length.

I recommend that you use a very good, long-lasting lube with this-- you can use Bad Dragon Cum Lube, a product that I've reviewed -- or by the time that you get it all the way in, you'll be wishing that your lube had lasted. It's a good toy for vaginal play, and a VAST majority of the customers use it for anal play. I swear by this lube now; I’ve almost exclusively switched over to it, since it keeps its viscosity better than silicone lube, but serves the same purpose. The science behind it is essentially the same science that makes silicone lubricant work so well; not being water-based, the body isn’t able to absorb it, so it leaves more of the lube to do what it’s supposed to: lubribate!

I've tested this for front-hole penetration during solo play, and both vaginal and anal play with partners receiving. I love this toy an amazing amount; I usually need quite a bit of vibration—or my husband – to achieve orgasm. Naturally, when I tried this toy out for the first time, I was pleasantly surprised when it easily brought me to climax! Having talked with a few members of the Bad Dragon team, it seems that the Sea Dragon is a favorite among their female clients; the ridges on it hit just the right spots, the head of the toy is shaped just right and the knot isn’t too huge or scary. Overall, it’s a highly recommended toy for female-bodied, open-minded people. I personally think that as long as you’re a fan of penetration (anywhere), you’ll enjoy this toy.

My husband, who I used this toy anally with, had a vastly difference experience. He enjoyed the feel of the toy-- but the girth of the knot was too much for him. He’s excited to try some of their larger toys and, as he says, “Work up to them”. He commented on the texture of the toy, and pointed out that the tapered shape of the head made it easier to work down to the knot. As with all anal play, be sure to sanitize your toy before using it again—even during the same session!

One of my long-time play partners was visiting, and we decided to try out the toy together. She’s a very patient lady, and we were able to gradually introduce the knot. She commented that the ridges were perfectly placed, and that the knot (while big) wasn’t as scary once she realized that her body could stretch and accommodate it. She enjoyed it enough to start looking through Bad Dragon’s listed toys to find something for herself! I haven’t heard if she’d bought one yet… but I’m sure the second she does, I’ll hear!

Another comment about it that's worth making is that the Bad Dragon toys all have a very unique texture. It almost feels velvety-- and it can give the toy a look like it's 'dusty', depending on the color of the toy. I think it's a good texture-- when I asked the people at BD, they explained that it was textured as such to help the lube cling better. I was dually impressed that their lube and toys were designed with the other in mind!

Overall, the Sea Dragon is a GREAT toy. It comes with consistently positive reviews, is great for someone who’s just getting into playing with larger toys and it’s well worth the cost. If you try it, let me know! And as always…


Happy fapping!

- Loki

No comments:

Post a Comment