Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Epic Trans-related Review Post!

Hi there, guys and dolls! I'm back with THREE new reviews, all focused on things that can benefit the FtM transgender community (or anyone who has a use for them, really!). As you, my lovely readers know, I'm a part of that community and like to do what I can to better the lives of everyone else who shares that identity with me.

So, with no further ado, I give you the reviews! The first one will be in this post, and the latter two in their own follow posts.





First, we have the esteemed STP (stand to pee) device known as the 'Go Girl'. Don't let the name put you off; it's only termed that way so that our friends who are comfortable with their downstairs apartment are more likely to buy it. It's a great tool, though it takes some practice to use.

It's design is well thought out, and the medical-grade silicone really makes me feel more comfortable putting it near my bits. It wipes down easily, boils (or can go in a dishwasher on the top rack, though I haven't tried that) for disinfection and can literally be crumpled up and shoved into your pocket.

The 'receiving' part (because I don't know what else to call it), where it fits to your body, is well made. I prefer this over the medical-spoon style STP's, simply because it significantly lowers the risk of bacteria transfer-- the kind that can lead to uncomfortable, dangerous urinary tract infections. Being someone with a lower-than-usual immune system, it's important to me to be able to be safe when dealing with anything that can lead to infection. Honestly, though, everyone should be safe in everything they do.

This is what the receiving part looks like:


As I said, it's easy to use. You just snug it up to your personal area with the side that says 'up', well... up. I've tried it both directions-- I would recommend experimenting to find which works the best for you. The goal, in the end, is to get everything in the toilet, and not on the floor (or your pants), so as long as that's accomplished, you've won your battle with the toilet. And your pants.

It also comes in a fetching array of colors-- by which I mean 'khaki' and 'pink'. The khaki is, in my opinion, more of an olive green-- it doesn't match my khaki pants at ALL. But then again, what do I know? I'm just a humble artist.

I would recommend this to EVERYONE that has parts that's got the anatomy (even if it's tragically not the right anatomy) to use it. Transgender, cisgender, whatever-gender you are, if you want to stand up and pee, then I'd say "Go, my child. Use it well. With great power, comes great responsibility. Have my blessing, and don't pee on your foot."

- Loki

This review was made possible by the good folks at Babeland. Go visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment